Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peanutbutter cup cupcakes and the boyfriend's birthday

It's my boyfriend's birthday this week and therefore I have a very very good excuse to bake, probably the best excuse other than Christmas. My BF knows how much I like to bake and since he knew I would probably bake him something he came to me a week ago with a picture of peanutbutter cupcakes and said 'these please!' This started my week worth of recipe design and the ultimate decision was to go for the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo.
If nothing else I am an original!

















Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

2 1/2 Cups self raising flour
1tsp baking soda
200g Butter
200g brown sugar
4 eggs
2 Cups peanut butter, I choose crunchy but it's up to you.
1/2 cup milk
1 Cup Chocolate spread

Chocolate icing, i'm not going to lie I stole this one from Betty Croker as I am quite busy ATM
Decorate with peanut candy

First scoop small amounts of chocolate spread onto some greaseproof paper with a melon baller. Put this into the freezer to chill while you work. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Cream your butter and sugar. Sieve together your flour and baking soda. Then add your eggs one at time and 3/4 of your flour mixture alternating between the two and mixing thoroughly. Mix your peanut butter with the milk to smooth it out and then add this to the mixture with the remaining 1/4 of your flour until you have a cake like batter.

Line your muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Scoop some batter into each muffin case until they are 1/3 full. Insert your frozen chocolate spread nugget into this and then scoop in more batter until each case is 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20mins on 180' or until browned and set. Turn your tin if necessary.

Cool them on a wire wrack and then decorate with your chocolate icing and peanut candy. I used my beautiful Masterclass icing set that my wonderful sister gave to me last Christmas and which I have not used nearly enough for my liking.
Then enjoy, with caution because they are a tad addictive. ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Protein Cheesecake for every weeknight dessert

 I've been making this recipe for a while, think 3-4 years in various iterations and adapted it a number of times. This is my favourite,...