Galettes are wholemeal lighter versions of pancakes that can be filled with any combination of savory goodness and make a fantastic meal. Today I'll share with you my recipe, it may not be perfect but it's my favourite.
1 cup (125g) sieved whole meal flour (measure after sieving)
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of baking soda
3/4 cup milk/water mixture (I do 50/50 but experiment and see)
1 tsp olive oil
1. Sieve and then measure your one cup of wholemeal flour
2. Add your pinches of salt and baking soda and whisk
3. Add your egg, oil and milk and whisk until smooth.
4. If possible leave sit for 30mins to an hour, but if not go ahead and heat a pan with butter
5. Pour out a small puddle of mixture and then swirl the pan to spread it around
6. Once the edge are curling up like in the left hand side of the picture above, then flip
7. Now you can add your fillings - This one has chicken, pesto and cheddar cheese
8. Fold over and continue to cook until the cheese has melted
9. Then sere with some salad and enjoy =)
|Look at that delicious pesto and gooey cheese, you know you want some!|