Monday, August 18, 2014

Marshmallow Fondant

Recently a very good friend asked me to do a cake for her boyfriend's birthday. We decided on the cake and theme and I knew it would need fondant. Fondant is the only way to make sculpted pieces or cover cake but the only problem is that classic fondant tastes disgusting! So I decided to try out marshmallow fondant and I must say I was very impressed!

The recipe is very simple

450g miny marshmallows
60ml water
1 tsp extract of choice ( I used orange)
2-3 tsp food colouring gel
800g Icing Sugar
2-3 tsp butter

1 - Melt your marshmallows in the microwave for 1 minute.


2 - Add your extract and food colouring to the water and then stir into the marshmallows until they
     are fully melted.


3 - Add your icing sugar slowly and stir. Half-way through this process I moved the mixture to my kitchenaid and continued to beat in the icing sugar a bit at a time.

4 - Finally turn the mixture out onto a sheet and rub down with the butter and knead until it is no longer sticky.

5 - Store in an air-tight container overnight.

6- Use to scult or cover as you will.


The from this fondant is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protein Cheesecake for every weeknight dessert

 I've been making this recipe for a while, think 3-4 years in various iterations and adapted it a number of times. This is my favourite,...