Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday time Ninja Cookies

Life has become increasingly crazy over the last few weeks which resulted in absolutely no time for me to blog, but tonight I am prioritizing the blog. The advantage of all this craziness is the stories and pictures I have to share.Therefore I will be posting three fun life posts with a nice little recipe for each over the next week. Hope you enjoy =)

The fun started with my birthday just after my last post. It was an unmentionable number so I won't say but I still feel about 21/10 so that's the important thing. I am very lucky to have some wonderful family and friends that know my love of all things baking and exercise. Therefore my presents reflected those things.

Ninja Cookie Cutters
I had an absolutely wonderful day. First my Mum brought me out to a beautiful estate with lovely tea gardens and adorable shops for a little girl time. It was hilarious and typical when we got stuck in a garden shop and then started laughing about how we were celebrating with herbs plants and hanging baskets. My mum can be so amazingly random and always considerate. Then we flew back so I could go to an exercise class, I'm that into working out, no joke!

I spent the afternoon making my cake. I chose to make a yellow cake, infused with raspberry syrup and covered in delicious white chocolate icing. Unfortunately it's not my recipe and the recipe I used appears to have been taken down. =(


Then the bf brought me out to a wonderful meal in an Italian restaurant and then we brought the cake to my parents place to eat with the half of my family who are in the country. The cake went down a treat and I got some lovely presents, including something to work off the cake with ;)


It was such a fun day and the birthday celebrations continued in a family dinner the next weekend, which I will tell/show you all about very soon. Firstly, however, a recipe using the wonderful cutters.

Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Ninja Cookies (recipe adapted from AB Sugar Cookies)

110g Butter
75g White Sugar
50g Brown caster sugar
350g All purpose Flour

1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
100g ground/chopped hazelnuts
50g chopped dark chocolate
1 egg
3 tsp milk
150g Dark Chocolate for covering

Preheat the oven to 180C. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat together the milk and egg and sieve together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the wet and dry ingredients in thirds. Once the dough is thoroughly combined add the nuts and chocolate. Then let the dough sit in the fridge for 20 minutes before rolling, cutting and baking for 15minutes.
Melt the rest of the dark chocolate and cover in whatever way you like



No comments:

Post a Comment

Protein Cheesecake for every weeknight dessert

 I've been making this recipe for a while, think 3-4 years in various iterations and adapted it a number of times. This is my favourite,...